Thursday, October 4, 2007

All about me (Marta)

Hello!

My name is Marta. I am 16 years old and I am studying in high school, at least pretending to be. As I was told to present myself, here is some basic information about me.

Although I haven't got any specific plans for the future, I am quite an ambitious girl. All I know is that I want to have a big family and a nice stable job, probably related to management. In the near future, I'd love to do voluntary work in Africa, as well as to start travelling more often.

In my opinion, ambition is not necessarily related to money. Thus, even though I think that I am an ambitious girl, I prefer time to money. All I need to do most of the things I'm into is time. In fact, whereas you can make money with time, you cannot make time with money.

I strongly believe that Portugal is a nice place to live, especially for foreigners. Not only is its weather very nice, but the country is also very peaceful and cheap. And, above all, the people is amazing.

If I were the mayor of Lisbon, I would foccus on rebuilding the old part of the city (Baixa, Rossio, Chiado), and on organizing the traffic. Replacing cars by bikes is an easy way of reducing congestion in the city. In addition, I would create more gardens and other public outdoor places.

Besides that, being very feminine, it is obvious that I would rather be a woman than a man. I actually cannot understand women who want to become man.

I am a scorpio, but I don't care at all. Signs and horoscopes mean nothing to me.

The last book I read for pleasure was "Por Amor da Índia", a wonderful novel about India written by Catherine Clément.

Now, I'd like to start reading more English books. I reckon that learning English is essential. To me, it is the international language with which one can communicate all over the world. That is the main reason why I am learning English.

To have or to be? Definitely, to be.

Well, that's a part of me.

Marta

No comments: