Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hi Graham and everybody,

It's the first time I'm doing a homework on the net. I really don't know if at the end of this task, you will receive this. I hope so! I have just 15 minutes to do this. It's quiet a challenge to me!
Anyway, I really hate not to do what I am asked to do. So I'll start with the first homework. I think that it was writing about ourselves, wasn't it? The worksheet Andy gave us was called "C2 - getting to know you". There were 40 questions and we had to choose 10 to talk a little bit about ourselves. As I read some of your homework, I understood that it was probably the same worksheet.
I really would like to have time to choose 10 or even more questions to talk about myself. I will do it (probably this weekend) because I think that it will be funnier instead of saying that I am just another teacher suffering from the enormous amount of changes from our different governments during these last years. They don't understand (or they don't really care about it) that something must be done. I have to confess that I am really tired of being a teacher (especially for the last years as I have many groups of 30 students). Being a teacher in Portugal is really a hard job as the system has being falling down year after year. Today, a teacher doesn't have any sort of authority in a classroom or outside it. I am not saying that all the students are alike but the great majority can't distinguish a teacher from a friend or even from his/her parents. This is the Portuguese reality. Students don't fail even if they don't know anything. What really matters are statistics at the end of the year. This government really likes statistics and the Portuguese believe in them. I don't.
I know that what I wrote was not very enthousiastic. But time is up. I have another class of 30 students this afternoon. But I will meet all at 7 o'clock.
Graham, I promise that I'll complete this homework and I'll do the other one.
So, see you in a few hours,
maria antónia

No comments: